The following requirements are utilized to evaluate each applicant to the School of Practical Nursing.
- "Application for Admission" and a non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcript from High School or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) including completion of the following:
a. English Reading and Comprehension - 4 years
b. Mathematics - 2 years
c. General Science
- Results of Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) - a score of 65 percent or above in all areas, and a composite in the 65th percentile is preferred.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended, where applicable, regardless of length of attendance.
- Two professional references-i.e., teacher, guidance counselor, employer-to be submitted only on the form provided by Holy Name Medical Center School of Practical Nursing.
- Evaluation of educational transcripts by World Education Services for students educated in a foreign country.
- Personal interview of prospective candidates after meeting required admission standards.
- Students must be physically capable of fulfilling the objectives of the nursing program. The school will make reasonable accommodation to assist a student with a disability to advance through the program. Students should have sensory function adequate for client assessment and care and must possess the physical status to provide all aspects of nursing care in a safe manner.
- Pursuant to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations Standard (HRT-20), it is now a mandatory requirement that a criminal background check be done on all students be-fore rotating to clinical practice where they provide care, treatment and service to patients.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the School of Practical Nursing will make reasonable accommodations for students with learning disabilities. These accommodations may include allowing students additional time to complete examinations. The need for special accommodations must be made known during the admission interview and the student must provide evidence of same in writing prior to the beginning of the program.