Optimizing Patient Outcomes Through Interdisciplinary Collaboration
The Institute for Simulation Learning provides premier interdisciplinary education and functions as a system-wide think tank that allows the healthcare team to replicate challenging medical, as well as non-medical, situations with the goal of optimizing real-world outcomes. Advanced technology and authentic scenarios are designed to refine skills and to foster team collaboration and communication. Our professional simulation staff incorporates evidence-based principles and practices to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare delivery.
Simulation Learning - Benefits to the Learner:
Contact Institute for Simulation Learning at Holy Name Medical Center:
- Promotes quality and safety by minimizing risk and medical error
- Enables preparation for unanticipated medical events and rarely-occurring or emergent situations
- Offers a wide range of intense scenarios that can be repeated as needed
- Adjusts the complexity of the learning experience to any level of expertise
- Enhances cognitive and psychomotor skills
- Increases confidence and decision-making ability
- Enables learners to reflect on and evaluate their clinical and interpersonal skills with the assistance of audiovisual recording and playback
- Develops teamwork and communication skills by furthering transparency among coworkers
- Exposes breakdowns in the continuity of care as clients transition across service areas
- Maximizes the responsible use of healthcare resources (pharmaceutical, diagnostic, professional, financial)
Simulation learning is the process of recreating real life medical scenarios for training purposes - to increase patient safety and help save lives.