For over 85 years, Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ has provided the communities and families of northern New Jersey with compassionate medical and nursing care, continued technological advances, and an environment of healing dedicated to the needs of each individual patient. This complete level of health care excellence is not only what our patients rely upon; it's the very foundation in which we pride ourselves.
Founded and sponsored in 1925 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, Holy Name Medical Center has evolved into a comprehensive 361- bed acute care medical center, yet we still recall our community Medical Center roots by demonstrating a level of personalized care lost in many of today's long and short term medical care facilities.
Leading Edge Care
Holy Name Medical Center is a comprehensive, 361 bed acute care facility providing high-quality healthcare across a continuum that extends from prevention through treatment and on toward recovery and wellness. With more than 850 physicians representing more than 33 medical specialties, Holy Name provides an exceptional healthcare experience for its patients.
Centers of excellence at Holy Name include bariatric services, bone and joint care, breast care, cancer care, cardiovascular services, renal dialysis, emergency care, interventional radiology, maternal/child health, multiple sclerosis, sleep medicine, stroke care, and clinical research.
Located within a major metropolitan area, that boasts many world-class medical centers, Holy Name Medical Center is distinguished from other care facilities by our extensive history – and current practice - of innovation. Our history of significant achievements is punctuated by, but not limited to being:
- The first Medical Center in New Jersey, and the third in the world, to utilize respiratory gating technology in treatment of lung cancer, enhancing the accuracy of radiation therapy and minimizing exposure to adjacent, healthy tissue.
- The first Medical Center in New Jersey to perform Cardiac PET/CT stress testing, available only at a few select and prestigious medical institutions in the United States. We are also the first to offer both Cardiac PET/CT stress testing and 64-Slice CT Angiography.
- The first Medical Center in New Jersey to offer Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), a minimally invasive alternative to lung cancer surgery.
- The first Medical Center in the nation to receive three JD Power and Associates Distinguished Medical Center Awards for Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency Service Excellence.
Holy Name Medical Center is the recipient of Primary Stroke Center designation, a recognition shared only by a distinct group of elite Medical Centers in New Jersey. Our state-of-the art Institute for Clinical Research exceeds the highest standards for implementing the most current and promising clinical trials. The Interventional Institute employs revolutionary technology in an effort to help remedy chronic and inoperable conditions without surgery. Additionally, the new department of Maternal/Fetal Medicine offers amazing 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging, helping to identify potential dangers and anomalies associated with high risk pregnancies.
In 1997, Holy Name Medical Center began its association with the New York-Presbyterian Health System. This affiliation has resulted in expanding necessary service to the community, including:
- An upgraded neonatal special care nursery with assistance from New York Presbyterian Medical Center/Columbia University Medical Center
- Increased access to clinical trials programs
- Expanded educational opportunities for Holy Name physicians Additionally, Holy Name Medical Center is also an academic affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.