For The Media
Thank you for your interest in Holy Name Medical Center's Public Relations Department.
General Guidelines for media interviews, photographs, and video:
- On duty reporters/photographers are not permitted in Holy Name or on the surrounding grounds without the permission of a Public Relations representative. Reporters and photographers not accompanied by a Holy Name representative may be escorted off of the campus.
- News vehicles may not park in fire lanes or block driveways.
- Patient consent must be secured prior to any interview, videotaping or photographing.
- The news team will agree to stop interviewing, taping, or photographing at any time upon the request of the patient, nursing staff, or member of the Public Relations Department.
Unless the patient has expressed otherwise and opted out of releasing any information, only the following one-word conditions will be released.
- Under Evaluation - Patient undergoing assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. The patient is conscious and comfortable (indicators are excellent).
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. The patient is conscious and comfortable (indicators are favorable).
- Poor - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. (Indicators are questionable.).
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. The patient may be unconscious (indicators are unfavorable).
- Treated and Released - Received treatment but not admitted.
- Treated and transferred - Received treatment. Transferred to a different facililty.
Members of the press may reach the Public Relations/Marketing Department at Holy Name Medical Center by calling the press line 201-227-6047.
For inquiries after hours please contact the Medical Center operator at 201-833-3000 and have the Public Relations Representative on call paged.