Holy Name Medical Center is Recognized for Workplace Excellence
Makes 2010 Honor Roll of "Companies That Care"
Teaneck, NJ—Holy Name Medical Center has been recognized for workplace excellence by The Center for Companies That Care on the organization's 2010 Honor Roll.
The Center for Companies that Care is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the well-being of employees, families and communities by helping employers cultivate supportive working conditions and strengthen their local community. According to The Center for Companies That Care, Honor Roll businesses consistently demonstrate 10 characteristics that define them as caring, responsible organizations. These include:
- Sustaining a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees
- Making employees feel their jobs are important
- Cultivating the full potential of all employees
- Encouraging individual pursuit of work/life balance
- Enabling the well-being of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies and practices
- Developing great leaders, at all levels, who excel at managing people as well as results
- Appreciating and recognizing the contributions of people who work there
- Establishing and communicating standards for ethical behavior and integrity
- Getting involved in community endeavors and/or public policy
- Considering the human toll when making business decisions
The Center for Companies That Care is the third organization that has recognized Holy Name for its outstanding work environment. The Medical Center has been cited annually by NJBIZ's "Best Places to Work in New Jersey" program and by Modern Healthcare magazine's national "Best Places to Work in Healthcare," on which HNMC is currently ranked fourth.