Breast Cancer Awareness Seminar
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women; approximately one in eight will be diagnosed with some form of breast cancer. The good news is there are things a woman can do to determine her personal risk for developing breast cancer and to make decisions concerning her health. This seminar will feature a panel of medical experts who will speak about identifying risk factors and prevention, as well as answer your questions.
Come learn about:
Join us for refreshments, visit our exhibits and learn from our expert breast cancer team, which includes physicians, a genetic counselor and a nutritionist.
- Importance of self-exams and screenings
- Making the most of your mammogram
- Genetic counseling
- Early detection
- Preventative mastectomies
Date: Thursday, October 17
Time: 6:00 - 8:30 PM
Location: HNMC Marian Hall Conference Center
Cost/Fee: Free. Call to register at 1-877-HOLY-NAME (1-877-465-9626)
- Joshua Gross, MD, Director of Breast Imaging at Holy Name Medical Center
- Moira Christoudias, MD, Breast Surgeon at Holy Name Medical Center
- Harris Sterman, MD, Chief of Plastic Surgery at Holy Name Medical Center
- Debbie Bessen, MS, RD, CSO, Registered Dietitian at Holy Name Medical Center
- Peggy Cottrell, MS, CGC, Certified Genetic Counselor at Holy Name Medical Center
- Kerri Olsen, MSW, LSW, Social Worker at Holy Name Medical Center
To learn more about Breast Care Services at Holy Name Medical Center, visit www.holyname.org/breastcenter.
- American Cancer Society
- Lillian Lee Salon, Teaneck
- Suzanne Breast Care Boutique, Englewood