Regional Cancer Center
The Regional Cancer Center at Holy Name Medical Center offers leading-edge diagnosis, staging and treatment services that match larger medical centers while allowing patients to undergo treatment close to home. An outstanding team of board-certified specialists, including surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, nurse-practitioners, therapists and social workers cares for patients in an environment that promotes personalized service and ready access to multiple disciplines. Holy Name simplifies the logistics associated with cancer therapy by providing ready access to services and physicians, minimal waiting and easy parking. The Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, the American College of Radiology and the American Society for Radiation Oncology.
- Skilled and highly educated radiologists, oncologists and surgeons offering the latest in technology, pharmaceutical and robotic advances and updated information on clinical trials.
- One-stop comprehensive care, where diagnostics, treatment and recovery are all offered on the same campus.
- Specially trained and compassionate nurse practitioners, genetic counselors, oncology-certified nurses, oncology nurse navigators, physicists, radiation therapists, as well as an oncology pharmacist, oncology social worker and oncology-certified dietician work with physicians to provide patients with the most effective plan of treatment.
- Leading-edge oncology treatments, such as intraperitoneal therapy – chemotherapy through the abdomen – for ovarian cancer.
- State-of-the-art radiology treatment, including prone breast therapy and respiratory gating.
- Gynecologic oncologists who perform surgery and prescribe chemotherapy, offering a consistent stream of care and eliminating the need for patients to coordinate multiple physicians during treatment and follow-up appointments.
- Supportive care, including counseling, physical rehabilitation services, nutritional guidance and home and hospice care.
- Ongoing education classes about cancer prevention, early detection, risk reduction and healthy lifestyles as well as screenings and support groups.