Many of us are athletes at heart. And whether you've torn a ligament scoring a touchdown, dislocated a shoulder in the triathlon, strained your back doing a slam dunk, or simply twisted an ankle during your daily walk, you can benefit from Holy Name Sports Medicine's approach to healing the wear and tear of an active lifestyle.
Holy Name Sports Medicine offers outpatient services in two locations, with the comprehensive resources and safety of a full-service Medical Center.
The program is directed by J. Christopher Mendler, M.D. - board-certified in sports medicine and family practice medicine, with broad experience in caring for all age groups, as well as high school, collegiate and pro-level competitors.
An emphasis on injury prevention.
Not only are the physicians at Holy Name Sports Medicine experienced in the treatment of acute injuries, but they also formulate specialized conditioning and rehabilitative strategies that minimize the potential for future injury. We take into account your individual abilities, limitations and interests to create a personalized program that promotes all-around health and wellness. If surgical intervention is needed, we can refer you to an experienced, highly credentialed Holy Name Medical Center orthopedic surgeon with expertise in state-of-the-art minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Sports Medicine Services
Our patients are people of all ages: boomers, seniors and elementary school children. They are high school, collegiate and professional athletes. They are dedicated fitness aficionados and weekend warriors. From novices to elite competitors, we see all types.
We offer patients advanced clinical capabilities, personalized services and competitive rates for the full range of sports medicine and occupational health services.
- Injury treatment and prevention
- Occupational health services and work-related injury
- Physical therapy and athletic trainer services
- Comprehensive physical exams, including executive physicals
- Medically–based health and wellness services, including nutritional assessment and exercise prescription
- Team physicians - high school, college, professional
- Impact concussion testing
- Community education – certification for coaches and athletic trainers, seminars on current sports medicine topics
- Human performance lab and biometric testing
- State-of-the-art radiology services (Board-certified radiologists, fellowship-trained in musculoskeletal)
- Concussion Management Program—Screening, Prevention, and Treatment
Holy Name Medical Center, Teaneck
– A full-service medical center offering a broad array of prevention and wellness programs, and rehabilitative and surgical treatments.
718 Teaneck Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
HNH Fitness®, Oradell
– Holy Name Medical Center's medically based fitness center, a 23,000-sq.- ft. state-of-the-art facility featuring cutting-edge fitness equipment, on-site physical therapy, group exercise classes and personal training services.
514 Kinderkamack Road
Oradell, NJ 07649
Monday – Friday
, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday sports clinic
, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Hours vary according to season; call for schedule.
Additional hours available nights and weekends; call for schedule.
Check with us about same-day appointments — especially helpful to high school athletes.