Holy Name Medical Center volunteers agree: There's something for everyone and no day is ever the same. If this sounds appealing to you, consider joining our team. More than 600 volunteers serve in over 100 areas at Holy Name Medical Center, with varying degrees of patient contact. The opportunities are almost limitless.
A sampling of areas includes:
Thinking of Volunteering? Keep this in mind:
- Gift Shop - help customers select and purchase items, stock inventory and operate the cash register.
- Medical - work in patient areas assisting medical and nursing professionals with various tasks from Discharge and transport patients to running errands and delivering flowers. Patient contact is common.
- Clerical/General - work in various departments, including the employee day care center or medical library, offering clerical support to Medical Center staff. Patient contact is minimal.
- Junior program - for students in the ninth grade and older, ages 15-18. Training programs are offered three times a year. Space is limited, so applicants are encouraged to apply early! The minimum contribution is 75 hours and six months.
- Pet therapy program - trained and certified volunteers visit designated nursing units with their certified pet therapy dogs.
- Day Away program - assist Holy Name's adult daycare clients with their daily activities, including exercise, lunch, and arts and crafts.
- Courtesy Desk - couriers to all areas of Medical Center i.e.: Medical Records, Laboratory, Central Sterile Supply as well as escort, transport and discharge patients for nursing units.
For more information, call Holy Name's Volunteer Office at 201-833-3217 or 201-833-3051.
- No experience is necessary; volunteers are trained for the positions they hold in the Medical Center.
- You must be willing to make a minimum time commitment of 75 hours and six months.
- You need to be at least 15 years old and in the ninth grade. There is no upper age limit.