With three leading-edge procedure rooms, our GI Endoscopy Suite offers advanced diagnostic, screening and treatment services for a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders. Board-certified physicians along with specially trained nurses use state-of-the-art endoscopic equipment and techniques to provide services that are precise, safe and timely - all in a warm, friendly and compassionate environment.
Gastrointestinal endoscopy is a procedure that allows a physician to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination uses an endoscope - a flexible fiber-optic tube with a tiny camera at the end - that provides close-up, real-time viewing.
In addition to showing what your digestive tract looks like, the endoscope can be used to treat many conditions within its reach. The instrument is fitted with tiny instruments that enable us to treat many of the abnormalities that may be encountered. The physician can remove benign growths such as polyps, repair tears or ulcers, and stretch strictures (narrowed areas). He or she can also use it to collect small pieces of tissue for biopsy.
- Gastroscopy for evaluating and diagnosing problems with the upper GI tract (esophagus, stomach and duodenum) including cancers, ulcers, varices, strictures and reflux
- Colonoscopy screenings for cancer, polyps, hemorrhoids and inflammatory bowel disease
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) to diagnose gallstones, cancers and strictures
- Emergency endoscopies for a wide variety of reasons
Although we perform dozens of these procedures most days, we understand that, to you, they're anything but routine. That's why we take the time to let you know what to expect and walk you through each step. You can feel at ease knowing that our staff has the skills and experience to provide superior, personalized care. At Holy Name:
- We have consistently exceeded our patient satisfaction goal - with scores of more than 90% - for the past five years in all aspects of care
- All physicians who perform endoscopy procedures are board-certified in gastroenterology
- Each nurse brings 20 years or more of nursing experience, and 85% of them are certified in GI or med/surg nursing
- We use state-of-the-art equipment like SpyGlass and endoscopic ultrasound
- Our services range from routine screenings to complex diagnostics and treatments
- We are equipped to respond quickly to emergencies, with late hours and on-call nurses