Message to Prospective Students Regarding TEAS Test Administration
The Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing is happy to announce the TEAS exam is being administered using the remote proctoring service Proctorio through ATI. This will permit candidates to test at home. All candidates will need a laptop or desktop computer in order to take the TEAS test remotely. No iPads, tablets or phones can be used. In addition, all computer devices will need to have the following technical requirements:
- Download Google Chrome™ Version 86 or later (Download). If you already have Google Chrome, make sure you have the most up-to-date version
- Test on a PC or a Mac (a phone or a tablet cannot be used):
- PC – Windows 10 or later, minimum resolution 1024 x 600
- Mac – Mac OS®X 10.11 or later, minimum resolution 1024 x 600
- Disable your pop-up blocker in Google Chrome
- Install the Proctorio Chrome Extension in Google Chrome
- Have a microphone – either internal or external
- Have a webcam (minimum resolution 320x240 VGA) – either internal or external
- Ensure your internet speed is between 0.5 – 1 Mbps. You can test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net
A full list of ATI's technical requirements can be found at www.atitesting.com/technical-requirements
PLEASE NOTE: The TEAS exam administered remotely through Proctorio on the dates listed are reserved exclusively for applicants to the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing. The TEAS registration fee is non-refundable if paid and candidate's intent is not to apply to the Holy Name School of Nursing.
Follow instructions in the Proctorio Student Orientation video (13 minutes), prior to registering for the ATI TEAS exam.
Register for the ATI TEAS exam at www.atitesting.com/teas/register. You will be required to create an account with ATI.
The cost of the TEAS Exam with Proctorio is $98.00 (This fee is non-refundable)
Please keep checking back, more TEAS dates coming for September, 2021
Any applicants requesting testing accommodations, please contact Jennifer Gazdick, School of Nursing Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to scheduling your TEAS examination.
TEAS Test Information for Prospective Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing Applicants
All applicants are responsible for reviewing and understanding ALL the information outlined on this webpage.
- All applicants seeking admission to the School of Nursing's RN Program, LPN Program, or LPN-RN Program are required to complete the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam prior to the submission of an admission application. The ATI website is: atitesting.com
- The TEAS Test Administration Schedule for the School of Nursing can be accessed on the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing website under the TEAS tab. https://www.holyname.org/SchoolOfNursing/
- Please Note: The Holy Name Medical Center testing site for the ATI TEAS exam is reserved for Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing applicants only. If you are planning to attend another School of Nursing, do not register to take the exam through Holy Name.
- The ATI TEAS exam is designed to assess the applicant's preparedness to enter a nursing program. The 170 question test is designed to test basic academic skills in the areas of reading, math, science, and English and Language usage.
- The TEAS score will be utilized to rank eligible applicants who have submitted complete applications for admission consideration into the desired program track. TEAS scores will be ranked highest to lowest based on the number of completed applications received. The number of applicants admitted is dependent on the number of available seats in each program track for the academic year.
- Applicants achieving a total score of 60% or higher on the ATI TEAS exam are eligible to submit an application for the RN or LPN-RN Programs. The minimum TEAS score for admission consideration for the LPN Program is 50%).
- If a total score of 60% or higher is not achieved on the TEAS, the applicant has the option to re-take the TEAS exam (50% for LPN program). The re-take date must be at least 30 days from the previous attempt. During the 30 day wait period, it is highly recommended students remediate if a score of lower than 60% is achieved. ATI offers a Focused Review free of charge focusing on the areas where improvement is needed.
- The frequency for taking the TEAS exam is limited to three (3) attempts in one year from the date of initial testing. However, there is no lifetime limit for taking the exam (ex: If you took the exam 3 times between January 2018 and December 2018, you would be able to re-test again in January 2019, provided the newest test date is 30 days from the prior attempt).
- ATI does not offer refunds or permit rescheduling of the TEAS exam if an applicant is not able to test as scheduled.
- Applicants will register for the exam online through ATI after creating an ATI user account. Once an ATI account is established applicants can register for the TEAS test date of their choice. There are 20 seats available for each TEAS testing date at the Holy Name testing site. No rescheduling is permitted once registration is completed. School code for registration purposes (TEAS at Institution ONLINE) is HOLY NAME RN.
- Applicants will need a valid state or government issued ID (valid driver's license or passport) plus their ATI username and password to the exam in order to test.
- TEAS scores will be available to applicants immediately following the exam. The score will be available online through your ATI account.
- TEAS scores are valid for two years from TEAS test date to application submission.
- If an applicant tests outside of the Holy Name Testing site, they will be required to purchase a TEAS transcript through the ATI website and indicate "Holy Name" as their institution on the transcript request. ATI will send the transcript electronically to the School of Nursing.
- A four function calculator (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) is built into the online TEAS exam.
- A study guide for the TEAS exam (ATI TEAS Study Manuel, 6th Edition) is available in ATI's online store or from secondary vendor sites. It is highly recommended applicants review the study guide before taking the exam. Other TEAS study resources are available for purchase through ATI's online store under TEAS. There are a variety of other TEAS test prep resources available on the internet, including web-based practice questions.
- If the minimum score of 60% (RN, LPN-RN program tracks) is not achieved (50% for LPN program), it is recommended that applicants utilize the ATI TEAS Focused Review which is available through your account. The Focused Review will highlight areas for improvement and provide feedback to increase scores for future attempts.
- The cost for the ATI TEAS exam for the Holy Medical Center School of Nursing is $98.00 per testing administration.
- No refunds are granted once registration is submitted. No rescheduling is permitted once registration is submitted.
- An email with instructions for accessing the Proctorio remote proctoring service will be sent prior to the exam test date.
- Applicants requesting testing accommodations for the TEAS exam may qualify for reasonable accommodation. The request for testing accommodations must be received by the School of Nursing at least two weeks prior to the scheduled TEAS exam test date. Please contact the School of Nursing Coordinator of Student Services at 551-248-4601 for more information on obtaining testing accommodations.
- TEAS Exam Sessions are timed in accordance with the ATI TEAS exam administration policy:
||Number of Questions
|English and language usage
- Please contact the School of Nursing Admissions Office at 551-248-4601 with any additional questions regarding the TEAS exam or School of Nursing admission process.