Message to Prospective Students Regarding TEAS Test Administration
TEAS testing is an admission requirement for the RN, LPN-RN, and LPN program tracks.
Register for the ATI TEAS exam at TEAS In-Person at Institution.
Holy Name School of Nursing will accept TEAS test results completed through in-person testing only. No online proctored exam scores will be accepted.
You will be required to create an account with ATI. Please register using Holy Name Medical Center as the school identification code. This code is for all 3 program tracks (RN, LPN-RN and LPN).
The TEAS exam is offered on site at the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing Englewood Cliffs campus at 399 Hudson Terrace Englewood Cliffs, NJ on the following dates and times:
2022 - 2023 - TEAS Registration Dates:
- Friday, February 10, 2023 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, February 24, 2023 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, March 31, 2023 at 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 10:00 AM
Holy Thursday & Good Friday Holiday off.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 10:00 AM
Application Deadline - Thursday, April 13, 2023.
The cost of the TEAS Exam is $93.00 per exam attempt. (This fee is non-refundable)
Any applicants requesting testing accommodations, please contact Jennifer Gazdick, School of Nursing Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to scheduling your TEAS examination.
TEAS Test Information for Prospective Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing Applicants
All applicants are responsible for reviewing and understanding ALL the information outlined on this webpage.
- The TEAS Test Administration Schedule for the School of Nursing can be accessed on the Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing website under the TEAS tab. https://www.holyname.org/SchoolOfNursing/
- Please Note: The Holy Name Medical Center testing site for the ATI TEAS exam is reserved for Holy Name Medical Center Sister Claire Tynan School of Nursing applicants only. If you are planning to attend another School of Nursing, do not register to take the exam through Holy Name.
- Please register using Holy Name Medical Center as the school identification name for registration.
- The ATI TEAS exam is designed to assess the applicant's preparedness to enter a nursing program. The 170 question test is designed to test basic academic skills in the areas of reading, math, science, and English and Language usage. Test-takers have a total of 209 minutes to complete the exam.
- The TEAS score will be utilized to rank eligible applicants who have submitted complete applications for admission consideration into the desired program track. TEAS scores will be ranked highest to lowest based on the number of completed applications received. The number of applicants admitted is dependent on the number of available seats in each program track for the academic year.
- Applicants achieving a total score of 60% or higher on the ATI TEAS exam are eligible to submit an application for the RN or LPN-RN Programs. The minimum TEAS score for admission consideration for the LPN Program is 50%).
- If a total score of 60% or higher is not achieved on the TEAS, the applicant has the option to re-take the TEAS exam (50% for LPN program). The re-take date must be at least 30 days from the previous attempt. During the 30 day wait period, it is highly recommended students remediate if a score of lower than 60% is achieved. ATI offers a Focused Review free of charge focusing on the areas where improvement is needed.
- The frequency for taking the TEAS exam is limited to three (3) attempts in one year from the date of initial testing. However, there is no lifetime limit for taking the exam (ex: If you took the exam 3 times between January 2018 and December 2018, you would be able to re-test again in January 2019, provided the newest test date is 30 days from the prior attempt).
- ATI does not offer refunds or permit rescheduling of the TEAS exam if an applicant is not able to test as scheduled.
- Applicants will register for the exam online through ATI after creating an ATI user account. Once an ATI account is established applicants can register for the TEAS test date of their choice. There are 16 seats available for each TEAS testing date at the Holy Name testing site. No rescheduling is permitted once registration is completed. School code for registration purposes (TEAS at Institution) is Holy Name Medical Center.
- Applicants will need a valid state or government issued ID (valid driver's license or passport) plus their ATI username and password to the exam in order to test.
- TEAS scores will be available to applicants immediately following the exam through your ATI account.
- TEAS scores are valid for two years from TEAS test date to application submission.
- If an applicant tests outside of the Holy Name Testing site, they will be required to purchase a TEAS transcript through the ATI website and indicate "Holy Name" as their institution on the transcript request. ATI will send the transcript electronically to the School of Nursing.
- A four function calculator (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) is built into the online TEAS exam.
- A study guide for the TEAS exam (2022-2023 Official Study Manual for the ATI TEAS) is available in ATI's online store or from secondary vendor sites. It is highly recommended applicants review the study guide before taking the exam. Other TEAS study resources are available for purchase through ATI's online store under TEAS. There are a variety of other TEAS test prep resources available on the internet, including web-based practice questions.
- If the minimum score of 60% (RN, LPN-RN program tracks) is not achieved (50% for LPN program), it is recommended that applicants utilize the ATI TEAS Focused Review which is available through your account. The Focused Review will highlight areas for improvement and provide feedback to increase scores for future attempts.
- The cost for the ATI TEAS exam for the Holy Medical Center School of Nursing is $93.00 per testing administration.
- No refunds are granted once registration is submitted. No rescheduling is permitted once registration is submitted.
- Please contact the School of Nursing Admissions Office at 551-248-4601 with any additional questions regarding the TEAS exam or School of Nursing admission process.